"White is the light that shines through the dress that you wore ..."
Released at the same time as the boxset "The Early Years: 1965-1972," this 2-CD sampler provides some of the $550 boxset's rarities for buyers on a budget.
Borrowing from a number of the boxset's 27 discs, "Cre/ation" features 2016 remasters of early Floyd numbers; previously unreleased BBC radio performances; live tracks from Amsterdam and Montreux; new remixes of numbers from the "Obscured by Clouds" soundtrack; as well as outtakes from the "Zabriskie Point" soundtrack.
The set also contains Syd Barrett's "In the Beechwoods. Recorded in 1967 but never released, the track's title refers a wooded area in Cambridge where Barrett's scout trooped used to camp.
Nov 11, 2016 (UK)
Nov 11, 2016 (US)
- Arnold Layne (2016 remastered version)
- See Emily Play (2016 remastered version)
- Matilda Mother (2010 mix/2016 remastered version)
- Jugband Blues (2010 mix)
- Paintbox (2016 remastered version)
- Flaming (BBC radio session)
- In the Beechwoods (2010 mix)
- Point Me at the Sky (2016 remastered version)
- Careful with That Axe, Eugene (Single 2016 remastered version)
- Embryo (From "Picnic")
- Ummagumma radio ad
- Grantchester Meadows (BBC radio session)
- Cymbaline (BBC radio session)
- Interstellar Overdrive (Live, The Paradiso, Amsterdam)
- Green Is the Colour (BBC radio session)
- Careful With That Axe, Eugene (BBC radio session)
- On the Highway (Zabriskie Point remix)
- Auto Scene Version 2 (Zabriskie Point remix)
- The Riot Scene (Zabriskie Point remix)
- Looking at Map (Zabriskie Point remix)
- Embryo (BBC radio session)
- Atom Heart Mother (Live, Montreux)
- Nothing, Part 14
- Childhood's End (2016 remix)
- Free Four (2016 remix)
- Stay (2016 remix)